The Mystics have a strong core of players led by Elena Delle Donne, Natasha Cloud, and Ariel Atkins. Delle Donne is one of the top seven players in the WNBA, and she is coming into this season fully healthy after playing limited minutes the previous two seasons. Cloud led the league in assists, and Atkins is a rising star who averaged 14.6 points per game in 2022.
With just ONE WEEK until @WashMystics szn, we ask:
— Monumental Sports Network (@MonSportsNet) May 12, 2023
The Mystics also have a new head coach in Eric Thibault. Thibault is the son of former Mystics head coach Mike Thibault, who retired at the end of last season after 10 seasons at the Mystics’ helm.
Washington is currently +1500 to win the WNBA championship in 2023. This is a long shot, but it is not impossible. The Mystics have the talent to win a championship and will be a tough team to beat in the Eastern Conference.
Here are some things to keep an eye on for the Mystics in 2023:
- Elena Delle Donne’s health: Delle Donne has been injury-prone recently, but she is healthy and ready for the 2023 season. If Delle Donne can stay healthy, she will be a significant factor in the Mystics’ success.
- Natasha Cloud shooting: Cloud shot just 31% from downtown last season, and the Mystics guard needs to become more of a scoring threat.
- Ariel Atkins’ development: Atkins is a rising star who averaged 14.6 points per game in 2022. Atkins is a versatile player who can score from anywhere on the court. She will be a key contributor for the Mystics in 2023.
The Washington Mystics are a team on the rise. They have the talent to win a championship and will be a tough team to beat in the Eastern Conference in 2023. That being said, the Mystics’ success will be predicated on the health of Delle Donne and continued improvement by Atkins.
Delle Donne has missed much of the past two seasons with injuries and should provide a spark to a lackluster offense without her and bolsters an already strong defense. Free-agent acquisition Kristi Toliver should help solve the Mystics’ shooting woes, and her arrival will bring pace to what was last season’s slowest-paced team.
Washington will be a good team that should reach the playoffs, but how far they go will be determined by the health of Delle Donne and how fast Thibault adjusts to being the head coach rather than his father’s assistant.
Maryland Sportsbook Promotions and Bonuses
Before signing up at any Maryland sportsbook, please visit our Maryland Sportsbook page. There you will find promo codes and special links for all Maryland sportsbook promotions, along with a review of each licensed Old Line State sportsbook.
Some things to consider when betting on the WNBA
- The WNBA is a smaller league than the NBA, so less data is available to make informed bets.
- The WNBA season is considerably shorter than the NBA season, so there is less time to adjust your sports betting strategy.
- The WNBA is a more physical league than the NBA, so there is a higher chance of injuries.
WNBA Betting Tips
Despite these challenges, betting on the WNBA can sometimes be a profitable way to enjoy the games. You can increase your chances of winning by researching and following some basic strategies.
Here are some tips for betting on the WNBA:
- Do your research. Before you place any bets, take some time to research the teams and player matchups involved in the game. This should help you make more informed decisions about your bets.
- Follow the trends. Pay attention to the trends in the WNBA. For example, if a particular team has been winning a lot lately, they may be a good bet to win by more than the point spread.
- Be patient. Don’t expect to win every bet. There will be times when you lose money. Just be patient and keep learning from your mistakes.
- Manage your money: Every pro bettor has had terrible losing streaks, but their bankroll management systems keep them in the game. Make a budget for your bets and stick to it, and hopefully, by doing so, you will have a more enjoyable WNBA betting experience.