According to DraftKings MD, Flowers is the seventh-favorite rookie behind:
- Atlanta Falcons RB Bijan Robinson (+275).
- Carolina Panthers QB Bryce Young (+500).
- Indianapolis Colts QB Anthony Richardson (+600).
- Houston Texans QB CJ Stroud (+850).
- Detroit Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs (+1000).
- Seattle Seahawks WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba (+1500).
Flowers a Good Candidate for OROY
The odds are long for sure, and his wide receiver room is stocked with former first-round picks Rashod Bateman, Devin Duvernay, Nelson Agholor, and Odell Beckham Jr.
The Ravens’ wide receiver room is full of talent, but those players all have past injury issues that have caused them to miss a lot of playing time.
NBC Sports NFL expert Peter King stated Friday that he thought Flowers was the best rookie he’d seen thus far. King said on Football Morning America on NBC.
“The most impressive rookie I have seen in six camps is Zay Flowers. He lines up across from a corner, and unless they literally interfere with him or hold him, he has tremendous separation on almost every cut. His quickness, his speed out of cuts is going to be a thing to watch in the NFL this year.”
Here are some of the reasons why Zay Flowers could win the 2023 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year:
- New offensive coordinator Todd Monkin wants to throw the ball downfield far more than Baltimore has in past seasons.
- Flowers has demonstrated strong route running and separation skills.
- Lamar Jackson has a big arm and is expected to throw more passes this season.
- Flowers has shown he’s a big play wideout during college and will have the same opportunity with Baltimore.
Is Zay Flowers a Good Bet to win the 2023 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award?
Yes, Zay Flowers is a good bet at +3000 (DraftKings) to win the 2023 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
Robinson is the frontrunner for a reason – he’s expected to play a major role in the Falcons offense. That offense had trouble scoring the football last season, and Robinson will surely help them in that department.
Baltimore is expecting to throw the football far more than they ever have, and Flowers may benefit from not being the defense’s main focus with Ravens TE Mark Andrews and Beckham Jr on the field. Jackson is a more than capable passer with a huge arm, and Flowers could wind up involved in some big plays for a team that should win games.
The rest of the field is also strong, and the high betting odds provide some value if we get the pick right. Young and Richardson have been impressive during camp, but they aren’t in the same solid situation and have far more pressure to succeed immediately than Flowers.
Finally, Flowers is a long shot but does have the best chance to succeed from the first snap. The Ravens’ wideout room is crowded, but they also have an injury history that could likely keep them off the field. That’s when Flowers will shine, and winning $3000 for a $100 wager is an incredible return on investment. Take Flowers to win the 2023 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.
For more Maryland sports betting tips and advice, follow us regularly here at MD Betting.